James Tsai from Yale and Ursula Schlotzer-Schrehardt from Erlangen were guest speakers at our 2012 Annual Meeting in Toronto. There were three 90 minute CGS sessions covering:
- Thee interactive case studies (presented by Drs Damji, Des Marchais, and Rafuse)
- Free papers
There was also be one session in the COS main meeting:
- Evidence for the putative risk factors for glaucoma
Drs Tsai and Schlotzer-Schrehardt also each give two lectures in the Current Concepts sessions of the main meeting.
In addition, there was a Glaucoma Clinical Skills Transfer session, organized by Drs Yvonne Buys and Rob Schertzer, on glaucoma imaging.
At the end of this session, participants should be able to:
- Explain the physics behind the different imaging modalities for the optic nerve and nerve fibre layer
- Decide which imaging modalities would be most appropriate for their practice
- Recognize some of the potential limitations of each device
- Interpret the data looking for glaucoma progression
We hope you enjoyed the meeting and will post more details about this and future meetings.