This year’s World Glaucoma Week is here again and is scheduled for March 11 - 17, 2018. This collaborative project between the World Glaucoma Association and the World Glaucoma Patient Association contributes to the elimination of glaucoma blindness by alerting people to have regular eye checks, including optic nerve checks. The theme this year is Green = Go get your eyes tested for Glaucoma: Save Your Sight! This year’s celebration is also still focusing on “BIG – Beat Invisible Glaucoma” campaign pursuing the goal of having a BIG network of global glaucoma awareness.
We need YOUR help in making the 2018 edition of World Glaucoma Week a success, so please:
- Organize collaborative community-based events
- Organize a screening event in your local institute/hospital
- Give a lecture to a patient support group
- Participate in radio & TV shows to talk about glaucoma and to answer questions
- Contact newspapers to publish information about glaucoma
If you need some inspiration from past World Glaucoma Weeks, please visit www.wgweek.net and find a list of event and media suggestions.
GET INVOLVED BE A PART OF IT! – HERE IS HOW:
1. VISIT www.wgweek.net & set up your own account
2. CHECK OUT the archive and highlights pages of the past World Glaucoma Weeks to find out how your colleagues worldwide have contributed in previous years.
3. COMPLETE the online event forms that appear under Add new activity. Your activity will be viewed on the Around the world map. This is important, as it will allow a more accurate and updated inventory of all the activities that will take place globally and it will inform participants about your activity.
WGW-2018 Media Kit
An online Media Kit including all kind of tools (banners, slides, flyer and more) to assist you in organizing your WGW event is available via the WGW site. If you have any suggestions for additions, please do inform us! If you need any assistance or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Good luck!
So come join us and be a part of it!